APOPHONY PRESS CORPORATION (“Apophony Press”, the “Company”, “we” or “us”) respects the privacy of our customers and others who use the Services (collectively or individually, “you” or “customer”). We want you to know and understand how we collect, use, and disclose personal information from and about you. By using and interacting with the Site and/or Services and/or purchasing products through the Site, you represent and warrant that you have read, understand, accept, and consent to the practices set out in this Policy.
This Policy describes:
• How we collect, use, disclose, and protect the personal information of our customers and Service users.
• The types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit and/or access the Services.
• Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
We will only use your personal information in accordance with this Policy unless otherwise required by applicable law. We take steps to ensure that the personal information that we collect about you is adequate, relevant, not excessive, and used for limited purposes.
What is Personal Information?
Privacy laws in Canada generally define “personal information” as any information about an identifiable individual, which includes information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person. Personal information does not include business contact information, including your name, title, or business contact information.
This Policy applies to information we collect, use, or disclose about you:
• Through the Services.
• In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Services.
• When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services if those applications or advertising include links to this Policy.
This Policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
• We collect offline or through any other means, including on any third-party website;
• You provide to or is collected by any third party through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible through our Services.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices for collecting, processing, and storing your personal information. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Services. This Policy may change from time to time (see Changes and Updates to This Policy).
2. Information we collect about you
We collect and use several types of information from and about you, including:
• Personal information, that we can reasonably use to identify you directly or indirectly, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect to the Internet, billing, and any other identifier we may use to contact you (“personal information”). We provide an opportunity for any customer to unsubscribe from communications or opt-out of contact for marketing purposes on an ongoing basis by using the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of our e-mails, or by contacting us at the contact information provided below.
• Non-personal information, that does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity or directly relate to an identifiable individual, such as demographic information, or statistical or aggregated information. Statistical or aggregated data does not directly identify a specific person, but we may derive non-personal statistical or aggregated data from personal information. For example, we may aggregate personal information to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific feature of the Services.
• Technical information, including browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, or information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services, and usage details.
• Non-personal details about your interactions, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), clickstream to, through and from our Services (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, or any phone number used to contact us.
3. How we collect information about you
We use different methods to collect your information, including through:
• Direct interactions with youwhen you provide it to us, for example, by filling in forms, or corresponding with us by phone, email, or otherwise.
• Automated technologies or interactions, as you navigate through our Services. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
• Third parties or publicly available sources, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us:
The information we collect directly from you on or through our Services may include:
• Information that you provide by requesting products and/or services.
• Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
Information We Collect Through Cookies and Other Automatic Data Collection Technologies:
• Details of your visits to our Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Services.
• Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We may also use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). To learn more or to opt-out of tailored advertising please visit https://youradchoices.ca/en/tools for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on the Services and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically is statistical information and may include personal information and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways that you provide to us or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized experience, including by enabling us to:
• Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
• Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual interests.
• Speed up your searches.
• Recognize you when you return to our Services.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
• Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Services may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Services. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings that are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
• Web Beacons. Pages of our Services may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related Services statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Services content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they are used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For more information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
4. How we use the information that we collect
We use the personal information that we collect for a variety of purposes, including:
• to respond to your questions or requests concerning the Services, or other services provide by us and/or our partners;
• to fulfill the terms of any agreement you have with us;
• to fulfill your requests for our Services and your orders for products or otherwise complete a transaction with you;
• to manage your participation in surveys, contests, or promotions;
• to send you information about our Services, the status of any orders, and other topics that are likely to be of interest to you, including newsletters, updates, or other communications;
• to authenticate billing and identification information;
• to deliver confirmations, service-related announcements, and similar operational communications;
• to improve or personalize your user experience;
• to improve the quality of our products and services;
• to protect our rights and interests;
• to analyze how visitors use and interact with the Services;
• to learn about users’ demographics, interests, and behavior;
• to provide you with advertising that we believe suits your interests;
• to comply with legal and/or regulatory requirements;
• to manage our business; and/or
• for any other purpose with your consent.
5. Disclosure of your information
We may disclose aggregated information about our customers and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
• to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
• in accordance with applicable law, to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our customers and users is among the assets transferred;
• to advertisers and advertising networks that require the information to select and serve relevant advertisements to you and others. We do not disclose data about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 400 women between 30 and 45 have clicked on their advertisement on a specific day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers target a specific audience (for example, men in a specific location). We may make use of the personal information we have collected from you to enable us to display our advertisers' advertisement to that target audience;
• to third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to/not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information;
• to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Services improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this Policy;
• for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and/or
• with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
• to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable law;
• To enforce or apply our terms of service and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others.
6. Transferring your personal information
We may transfer personal information that we collect or that you provide as described in this Policy to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Services improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this Policy.
We may process, store, and transfer your personal information in and to a foreign country, with different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive as Canadian law. In these circumstances, the governments, courts, law enforcement, or regulatory agencies of that country may be able to obtain access to your personal information through the laws of the foreign country. However, whenever we engage a service provider, we require that its privacy and security standards adhere to this Policy and applicable Canadian privacy legislation. By submitting your personal information or engaging with the Services, you consent to this transfer, storage, or processing.
7. Choices about how we use and disclose your information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
• Promotional Offers from the Company. If you have opted in to receive certain emails from us but no longer wish to have your email address used by us to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to the contact information provided below. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscribe link we have included in the email. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to the Company as part of a product purchase, product service experience, or other transactions.
• Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt out. For information about behavioral advertising practices, including privacy and confidentiality, visit the Network Advertising Initiative website or the Digital Advertising Alliance website.The use of online tracking mechanisms by third parties is subject to those third parties’ own privacy policies, and not this Policy. If you prefer to prevent third parties from setting and accessing cookies on your computer, you may set your browser to block cookies.
8. Data security
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We use physical, electronic, and administrative measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We store all information you provide to us behind firewalls on secure servers. Any payment transactions and any financial information will be processed by third-party payment processors who use SSL technology.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted while using the Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.
9. Data retention
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you.
10. Accessing and correcting your personal information
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes. By law you have the right to request access to and to correct the personal information that we hold about you.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Applicable law may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of the personal information that we hold about you, or we may have destroyed, erased, or made your personal information anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
We will provide access to your personal information, subject to exceptions set out in applicable privacy legislation. Examples of such exceptions include information:
• protected by solicitor-client privilege;
• that is part of a formal dispute resolution process;
• that is about another individual that would reveal their personal information or confidential commercial information; and/or
• that is prohibitively expensive to provide.
If you are concerned about our response or would like to correct the information provided, you may contact our Privacy Officer at the contact information set out below.
11. Withdrawing your consent
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your personal information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us at the contact information set out below. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you with your decision.
12. Rights of European Economic Area residents
If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that you are agreeing to the transfer of your information to Canada and to the processing of your data globally. By providing your personal information, you consent to any transfer and processing in accordance with this Policy.
Residents of the European Economic Area (the “EEA”) can exercise certain data rights available to them under applicable data protection laws. We will comply with requests to exercise these rights in accordance with applicable laws. Please note that in some circumstances, we may need to keep processing your personal information for certain legitimate interest or to comply with legal obligations. If these rights apply, to you, they may permit you to request that we:
• obtain access to or a copy of certain personal information we hold about you;
• prevent the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes (including any direct marketing processing based on profiling);
• update personal information that is out of date or incorrect;
• delete certain personal information we hold about you;
• restrict the way that we process and disclose personal information about you;
• transfer your personal information to a third-party provider of services; and
• revoke consent that you previously provided for the processing of your personal information.
Where such rights apply, we will comply with requests to exercise these rights in accordance with applicable laws. We may request you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity (such as date of birth, IP address, and email address) before responding to your request.
If you want to update personal information which is out of date or incorrect, restrict the way that we process and disclose specific personal information about you or object to the processing of your personal information, then please submit your request by emailing ourPrivacy Officer at the contact information provided below.
13. Rights of California residents
In addition to the rights in the Policy, California residents who provide personal information to obtain products or services for personal, family, or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us, once a calendar year, information about the personal information we shared, if any, with other businesses for marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of personal information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared such personal information for the prior calendar year (ie: requests made in the current year will receive information about the prior year). To obtain this information, please contact us at the contact information provided here.
Any requests to exercise your rights can be directed to our Privacy Officer through the contact details provided in this Policy. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. Your request must provide sufficient information that allows us to verify that you are the person you are claiming to be or that you are the authorized representative of such person. You must include sufficient details to allow us to properly understand the request and respond to it. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information unless we first verify your identity or authority to make such a request and confirm that the personal information relates to you.
14. Children’s privacy
We take special precautions to comply with applicable laws regarding children’s advertising and privacy. The Services are not directed to children under the age of 13, and we will never knowingly collect personal information or other information from anyone it knows to be under the age of 13. If you think we have done this, please let us know.
For residents of the EEA and residents where the processing of personal information is based on consent, we will not knowingly engage in that processing for users under the age of consent established by applicable data protection laws. If we learn that we are engaged in that processing with such users, we will halt such processing and will take reasonable measures to promptly remove that information from our records.
15. Changes and updates to this policy
We may change this Policy from time to time. Laws, regulations, and industry standards evolve, which may make those changes necessary, or we may make changes to our business. We will post the changes to this page and encourage you to review our Policy to stay informed. Your continued use of the Services after posting such changes constitutes your binding acceptance of such changes. If we make changes that materially alter your privacy rights, we will provide additional notice. If you disagree with the changes to this Policy, you should contact us at the contact information below.
16. Contact information
We are responsible for personal information under its control and has designated a Privacy Officer who is accountable for this Policy and applicable Canadian and other privacy and data protection laws. For any questions, comments or suggestions regarding this Policy or our personal information protection practices not discussed in this Policy, you can contact our Privacy Officer by email, telephone, or regular mail at the coordinates below. You can submit complaints to our Privacy Officer if you think that we are not meeting our obligations with respect to the protection of personal information. We will investigate such complaints and, if they are justified, will take appropriate measures to correct the situation. If you are not satisfied with this internal review of your complaint, you can contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada.
Apophony Press’ Privacy Officer may be contacted at:
Attention: Rebecca La Marre
1016 Avenue B North
Saskatoon, SK, S7L 1E9